Pages

Tuesday 2 September 2008

Pennisetum alopecuroides 'Hamlin' !!!


I have to say this is one of the no fail grasses I'm sure ..and it looks happy with the Blue Fescue as a buddy grass .. gosh .. I love that blue too !
These grasses are so easy care because they LIKE bad conditions such as drought and lean soil .. to the point of sheer sand I'm sure ..'cause that is what some of this area is. I know .. no soil amendment !!! ouch !!!

Just a shot of a nice clump of "Susans" with the Baptisia and Hamlin .. they all seem pretty happy where I plunked them .. phew !

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your garden is still looking nice & lush at this time of year. I love your Baptisia with the Susans & Hamlin. Great combination of texture & color.

CanadianGardenJoy said...

PGL .. that is what my garden is like in most places .. I love different plants/grasses/shrubs/vines .. a real mixture of everything and anything I take a fancy to .. a ZOO ! LOL

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

I am going to buy some suzy Q seeds and throw them everywhere next year. I love them(-: Yours are so pretty and they add such cheer in your groupings. I use to have a ton of them but for some reason they never came back one year. I wonder if I deadheaded to late in the season and they did not reseed themselves? )-:

walk2write said...

Your driftwood is lovely mixed in with the flowers and foliage and lends a certain mystery to the garden. Do you find pieces of it somewhere locally or in your travels?

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Hell W2W .. I ust visited your blog and it was wonderful seeing such dramatic scenery .. the bluff and cave especially !
Driftwood is a gift from hubby while he was fishing .. lots found a home here and I love it all : )