Pages

Friday 16 April 2010

Two Part Post = Sky First

Some mornings the girls just go back to bed, after they wake me up because I am so fascinated by the sky.
I have to take picture after picture .. so the best course of action for them is to wait out my "silly sky fascination" .. Emma heads for "under the covers" Sophie just curls herself up and patiently waits until this force of nature is over with !
This was the 13th and it was a COLD morning ... brrrrr !
The sun was going to do its own thing no matter the temperature or attitude it was given ?
It was a girlie pink one : )
Pretty ... peaceful ... and I just had to admire it while snapping away ...
The morning of the 15th was amazing and I was so glued to it I didn't get pictures that did it justice at all .. it was like a halo of light between earth and sky 'sprays" of pink purple clouds skirting the edges .. something I had never seen before.
It was almost as if the trees and shrubs were on fire at times ..
You can see ribbons or the layers of colour almost ..
Then it became a normal sunrise ... almost ..
The clouds started to surround us and it was almost as if we were in the eye of the weather system .. I love that orange glow from a distance.
It was closing in fairly fast ..
Then finally just the small opening looking at an almost blue sky way up there ;-)

3 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Happy SWF.

Plowing Through Life (Martha) said...

Joy, my dear, those are awesome pictures, especially the ones that look like the sky is on fire, trees included. Amazing!

And I just had to laugh with Emma snoozing away under the blanket! Some mornings, especially in the winter when it's snowing and cold, that's exactly what I want to be doing too!

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Hey Lisa girl ! Right back attcha'
Happy SWF ;-)

Hello Martha .. that morning was absolutely amazing .. I wish I could have gotten better pictures .. I have never seen one like it before !
Emma has some very strange quirks and that is one of the funnier things she does .. not get in her bed but want the covers over her head ? LOL