Pages

Monday 22 November 2010

"Got Sky?" (garden plants hiding and more ..)

This shot I am highlighting with in this post .. it reminds me so much of the pale colours and strokes that Monet used in his art work .. I just fell head over heels for it !

Well .. what can I say when the garden is retreating .. even though it has bellied up to the bar and is soaking in lots of rain that we are .. being rained upon with ?
Better than snow right ?
This was yesterday morning .. soft and subtle

I love the angles in this shot .. the pear tree with assorted trees and shrubs .. plus the angle of the roof .. then the very soft wavy sky washing against it.

Can you tell I am standing on the deck under the eve ?
I like the black spaces that are foils for that beautiful colour in the sky.
The bare trees add contrast as well.


The tops of the trees behind this house .. look like porcupine quills sticking up .. curious ?
Intricate designs in such detail within the clouds .. summoning bad weather ?
This was the moon last night .. as much as my poor camera and I could catch .. night shots are my worst enemy .. I have to conquer this or it will drive me nuts !
The moon was a pale yellow wearing an opaque veil .. very come hither look ?
This is actually the sun rising from a few days ago while it was also veiled with layers of almost transparent clouds .. thus this glowing affect .. it was an awesome sight !
I also wanted to mention a new Canadian (Toronto area) blog that commented on my last post.
Gisel has beautiful decorations for Christmas and amazing wreaths on her sidebar ..
If you feel a little dull and lackluster today ? go visit this blog : ) Guildwood Gardens and more ..

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your pale skies that open and close the post. The first shot really does resemble a Monet painting! I like your new blog name and am glad you kept the "joy" in the title as I always associate "joy" with your lighthearted posts.

Christine said...

Hi Joy - found you!
These are quite pretty sky shots. I especially like the moon and sun; that veiled, wispy look is very "come hither"...

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Hello Jennifer !
I have to say , even though I have had many battles with my Olympus (a love hate relationship ? LOL) it pulls in details with that zoom that are amazing .. like those rippled clouds .. I gasped when I saw them upload : ) Hey thank you ! I "joy" is stuck with me life long so I better use it for a higher purpose ? LOL

Hello there Christine !
I thought so too .. thank you by the way ! .. some wispy clouds can really change the look dramatically can't they ? .. we are in the rain mode now for a while .. yuck ! ;-)

Gatsbys Gardens said...

Great photos Joy, I have never seen a sky like these in my area. I am redoing your new name so I don't miss anything.

Eileen

Anonymous said...

I can always count on a lovely sky views here. I put your new name in my reader, don't want to miss anything!

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Hello Eileen girl and thank you ! I am so very fortunate to see awesome skies here without buildings in front of them .. other than houses : )
Thanks for updating my link girl !

Thanks Sandy ! .. with the winter months breathing down our necks .. skies are going to be the "thing" for me to hold on to my sanity until Spring ? LOL .. Thanks for picking me up ? hehe : )

Rose said...

What a fantastic shot of the sunrise--I think this belongs on one of your Halloween posts! Beautiful skyshots. Thanks for dropping by, Joy, and leaving your new blog URL for me--I would have wondered where in the world you had gone to otherwise:)

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Thank you so much Rose girl !
Yup .. a little Halloweeny isn't it ? LOL .. I am still trying to drop by blogs to let people know I haven't fallen off the face of the earth .. yet ? haha .. It was all supposed to be quite simple but the devil is in the details once you start fooling around with your name ? ;-)

Pat said...

Loving all your sky shots.
Udated your new address to my blog list. Will miss Joyforme but I guess I'll get over it. :)

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Patsi girl thank you for updating me : ) ... hey, you know us Canadians .. we just have to BE Canadian EH ! LOL

Northern Beauty Seeker said...

Hi Joy! Love your soft, luminous sky...kinda looks like summer (I wish!) :)

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Ms S girl Thank you !
We will go bonkers if we start thinking summer right now ? eeekkkk ! I missed everything past July 31st this past year so I am nuts anyways ? haha