Pages

Wednesday 3 September 2008

A's and Bees


This morning started out hot and HUMID .. September can be a tricky month here .. so I try not to expect lovely cool dry weather until much later .. but, I always HOPE for it !
I actually liked the way the glow of the morning light hit this anemone (poor little thing is nameless because I was brainless .. with the tag .. I could venture a best guess .. but I won't embarrass myself ?)
A bee was single minded in its mission to obtain as much pollen and nectar possible from these little flowers. Who was I to get in his way ? So I stepped back and kept snapping pictures as long as he was more interested in the flowers than me.








Now how cute is it to see a bee curled up in a little flower like this ?





This is my favorite shot .. it reminds me of the classical piece "Flight of the Bumble Bee".. he/she was just so busy .. leave me alone and let me do my job kind of attitude : )




6 comments:

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

Oh I love anenomes too. I have white and pink. They are not blooming yet though. I planted the pink in the anenome bed. The white ones are around my bathtub shower pond.

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Cindee .. I have to get over to your place and see that water feature ! .. I'm not sure why these ones have blemishes on them .. I think it was a matter of not watering regularly ? raised beds can dry out fast .. I'm a naughty gardener ! LOL

Plowing Through Life (Martha) said...

Oh, how cute. That last picture of the bee is so sweet. I love these little guys; they're such hard workers! And not easily distracted from their mission either.

While I was up at the cemetery this weekend, there was this stocky little bee buzzing around the flowers on my dad's grave, totally oblivious to anyone or anything around him. He was so loaded up with pollen that it looked as though he was carrying a bright yellow/orange pouch on his side...LOL... It was adorable. My husband even said "Wow, this little guy is planning to take quite a load of pollen back home. Ambitious little fella, isn’t he..." LOL...

Oh, and your flowers are beautiful, as always :)

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Hello Water Roots .. we are amazed too with how much pollen these little guys can carry .. and the orange almost makes them look like they are dressed in safety outfits ? haha
They are fascinating to watch and I have been lucky they have never bothered to be concerned with me.
Thanks for stopping by !

Rose said...

That's a great shot of the bumblebee in flight--now my mind is racing with that song:) He is one fat little fellow!

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Rose isn't that crazy when you get a piece of music stuck in your head ? LOL ... the bees have been very happy this year in the garden .. makes me glad !