Pages

Sunday 7 October 2007

Aconitum carmichaelii Arendsii - Monkshood

My apologies for the off center pictures .. and that was before I had a glass of wine .. hate to think of what would be happening with pictures afterwards .. yikes ! .. in any case .. Monkshood .. I fell in love with my first one almost 5 years ago and I could not find the specific cultivar again till this year .. I actually know what I am talking about with this plant .. carmichaelii is a sturdy, prolific bloomer once it gets comfortable in your garden .. no need of supports or bug problems from what experience I have had .. the reason I lost my orginal one was because I was an idiot and cut the stalks down further than need be and during a time when I thought Spring weather had arrived .. near ice storm arrived instead .. went down the hollow stalk and froze the root ... learn from my mistake !!!
For more information http://www.perennials.com/seeplant.html?item=1.015.020


No comments: