Pages

Thursday 11 September 2008

Thoughts of Christmas ? ....naahhhhhh !


I can't help it .. but pine and hellebore .. well OK .. more so the pine .. remind me of winter and Christmas. I can't believe I said that being the Halloween fanatic I am.
But .. look how gorgeous my Mugo Pine is with Hellebore Orientalis. The colours .. the textures .. it almost sounds like Christmas carols when I took this shot !
I have been so pleasantly surprised by this hellebore ever since I planted it about 3 years ago .. it doesn't droop when the raised bed is a wee bit on the dry side (oops .. I do forget to water that one some times .. and it is under the eve of the roof .. shoot!) .. but even these little pines are sturdy characters and put up with my forgetfulness and still smile at me ! Now how great is that ? .. back to Halloween thoughts again .. BOO !

4 comments:

Megan said...

That is a great holiday looking shot. I'm so ready for the season change, it makes me happy to see reminders of what's coming.

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Megan .. wow ! when you said that I saw it as a holiday card .. but I think it needs a nice poinsettia in the middle of the two ? LOL
Yes .. I'm ready for the change of seasons too !

Anonymous said...

I think the mugo looks like Christmas too. I actually killed a mugo once. I think I drowned it in clay soil. It made a little pot for the plant and soaked it real good. It was before I need how to amend properly.

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Anna .. I think we have all been 'there" ! haha .. every year I learn something new about plants or methods with improving there conditons .. it is an ongoing process .. keeps my brain tuned but body sore ? haha