Pages

Friday 12 April 2013

... and an ice storm to boot ?

Well ... here we go again with a wacky weather interruption to my desperate roll of the dice to actually get more garden work done .. Mother Nature refuses to over rule Old Man Winter .. he must be black mailing her with something really juicy ?

Amur Maple "Flame" encased in the icy fingers of weather fate ?

Click and see those poor screaming green buds of my neighbor's lilac TRAPPED in ice !

My poor Charlie Brown Christmas tree aka Austrian Pine Bonsai ......

Rather ominous foreboding of the garden year to come ?

Yup ... pretty much what the crow thinks is what we all think too .. if we don't look at it ?
Maybe it will go away ? .... BIG sigh !

8 comments:

Country Gal said...

Oh WOW ! All we got was rain and more rain . I must admit the ice does look pretty though , nice photos. I do hope Mother nature wins as I am just dieing to get out in my gardens ! Have a good weekend !

outlawgardener said...

Yikes! Ice storms are great to look at but can wreak havoc. I hope your garden didn't suffer any damage! Great pictures of the crow in the icy tree!

Lona said...

Now that is just cruel! It is pretty to look at but not at this time of the year. I hope you thaw soon. LOL!

Carolyn ♥ said...

Certainly this is a crazy Spring... but in the end, all will be well. I was sad when I saw my Tulips frozen horizontally from the below freezing wind. The next day they were vertical again and basking in the sunshine. Crazy. Simply crazy.

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Hello Elaine girl !
This was really bad for the garden .. I am sure a few more plants packed it in .. but the weather has to improve from this point eh ? I too need to get the rest of the garden up and running ... eeekkk !

Hello Outlaw : )
Thank you very much .. I thought the scenario of the black crow in the icy tree was a perfect statement of the day ? haha .. fingers crossed I didn't lose too many more plants .. BIG sigh!

Lona girl .. it is CRUEL !!! LOL
It finally melted today and we are supposed to get warmer weather but I just know some of my plants packed it in yet again ? Oh well what can you do eh ?

Hello Carolyn girl : )
Tulips are amazing .. we saw a few of them (giggle) in Holland and they stand up to a lot .. and yes! it has to get better from here on end ? LOL

Cat said...

So sorry to hear that!
Stay warm.

Anonymous said...

"Now that is just cruel! It is pretty to look at but not at this time of the year."

Definitely, it is indeed great to look at, seems like this is not the right time of the year..

RobinL said...

Please tell me those pictures are from winter time! Yikes, you tell that Old Man Winter that it's time to let it go...