Pages

Wednesday 15 March 2017

A plant support that EXCITES ?

OK ... I am getting desperate here ... we are in the midst of a two day winter STORM ..
Highway sections have been closed ... there was a 40 car pile up .. with a dangerous transport truck losing it's load of hydrochloric acid.
It led to evacuation for some people close to the area .. terrible timing in this weather.
A total mess and TOTALLY driving away any thoughts of Spring for me.
I am grateful for the snow that will help the ground water level, but this LATE in the year for it to happen?
Talk about discouraged.

So what got me excited today that has anything to do with gardening ?
Should be impossible you say, right ?
Well .. I called our Lee Valley store to find out if they had the half circle wavy plant supports that
I could not get last year ... and they actually have a load of them so I am HAPPY !
 I know .. looks like no big deal, but they really are a great product because they support the plants and look very inconspicuous at the same time.
They have been exactly what I was looking for.
A BONUS during a long, hard, attempt of escape from this ridiculous WINTER weather !

This picture is just to keep me .... going ? .. Spring does have to come eventually , right ?

10 comments:

GRACE PETERSON said...

I saw a funny on Facebook that went something like, "Well, we were supposed to spring forward but how far?" For you it's this freak snowstorm, for us on the other side of the world, it's rain and more rain. It just refuses to let up and it's making everyone cray-cray. And by everyone, I mean me--mostly.

I'm glad you found your coveted plant supports. They can make all the difference, can't they? I have a few of them that look similar to yours. I use them to hike up my floppy grasses.

Hopefully the snow will melt quickly and spring will push its way into your garden. Fingers crossed.

Nadezda said...

Yes, spring has to come and very soon. I say the same seeing snow in my garden and few small flowers. These plant supports are useful things you're right.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I share your excitement regarding the plant supports. I was watching Gardeners World the other day and saw Monty using this type of support on some plants. I was wondering where on this side of the pond that I could get some of these. I need some too.
I am glad to hear that you and yours are safe from the storms. It sounds like it was a devastating storm for many.
Just think, it won't be as long as it has been. Cheers...

Linda said...

We love visiting the Lee Valley store in Kingston. This winter storm has been awful, at least the sun is out today though it isn't very warm.yThinking gardening is a great way to pass the time.

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Hello Gracie girl !
Por girl I so know how you feel when the weather makes you insane ? haha
Yes I am so happy to have found these supports they are going to be great and look inconspicuous too .. phew ! Another yes to the snow melting .. we are supposed to get rain so that will hep no doubt .. but I hope yur rain will let up soon so you can enjoy your garden!

Thanks Nadezda girl .. we are both in the same boat with the snow .. or should i say snow mobile ? haha .. fingers crossed Spring will peek in on us!

Lisa girl hello there : ) Yes ! I am so happy to find these supports (they are good thick metal yet not intrusive at all) .. Lee Valley is the only place I have seen them so I have no idea where you would find them in the States .. but surely some ooutlet has to have them? .. yes .. winter has been wicked to us late in the game .. but thankfully we were not on the road then ! .. it was bad.

Linda girl hello there : ) .. Lee Valley has so many things to look at doesn't it .. so glad to have that store .. now if only they would build an IKEA ? LOL
I am hoping that is the last winter storm we will have .. fingers crossed eh ?

RobinL said...

I suppose that I could get on board with any type of plant support, if only I could remember to put them in at the appropriate time! Spring? What spring? Each day, I have no idea if it's going to be spring or winter that day. And if only we could get some sunshine!

Nadezda said...

Joy, I'm hoping spring came to your place. People said there are warm days in Canada now. I love your header, nice tulips!

Casa Mariposa said...

Plant supports are like a good bra - important enough to talk about and if the companies right, get a bit naked for. Just sayin....

Magyar said...

forsythia
mimes each morning's sun
a goldfinch

__ Ahhh, the Joy of Spring, relaxing the winter "shivers." Smiles_! _m

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Thanks for stopping by all you lovely people .. I am so very slow to get back on this horse yet.