Pages

Wednesday, 29 May 2013

Wordless Wednesday ?

A favorite plant blend of mine .. Goldmond or perhaps Flamemond (oops!) .. spirea with Walker's Low nepeta and Southernbush Honeysuckle .. they just seem to love each other : )
It is a rain day here but I have some one coming from a landscaping company to give me an idea of cost for what I am trying to pull off here in the manner of pathways to front,side and back garden ..
After I pick myself off the ground .. I hope to fully recover from the $$$$ shock and keep calling companies to see if they are all in the same frame of mind ... the saga continues ?

7 comments:

Carolyn ♥ said...

Or you can build it yourself like we did. It's not hard, Joy. We share how we did it on my blog. Visit the tab under my header "How to Build a Flagstone Patio." Same idea as building a path. If two old folks like us can do it... anyone can.

Sudipto Sarkar said...

Lovely colors... They really do seem to fit together..

Nadezda said...

Joy, I like golden spirea as well. Mine is Goldflame and I love to cut it as a globe. Happy gardening1

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Carolyn girl I went back and read your section on the patio and you all did such a good job girl !
Come up here and help me out ? LOL
Seriously .. husband and I are not up to doing this the RIGHT way .. and being ocd I would go nuts looking at big imperfections all the time .. it is fairly straight forward and simple job so I will see what some of these companies say ;-)

Sudipto thank yo so much .. a living canvas can be tricky ! LOL

Nadezda girl : ) aren't spirea gorgeous ? so many different varieties but the really gold ones catch my eye ! Thanks you too!

Paula Sealey said...

Those colours are gorgeous together! I planted a Spirea Goldflame recently and am looking forward to seeing it it grow and bloom. Their foliage is lovely.

Ms. S said...

Wow, that spirea is gorgeous! Best of luck with the landscapers...we have been shellshocked every time! lol

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Hello Paula : )
Loved your azalea and rhodo plus the rest of your garden is looking so pretty and lush!
Yes Goldflame ( I keep calling it heaven knows what! LOL) is gorgeous with new foliage.

Ms S .. I am trying to brace myself too for the estimate .. but this has been such a long time dream to have some nice finishing touches .. bite the bullet time ? LOL