Pages

Friday 1 February 2008

Dutchman's Pipe

I'm still a chicken indoors taking shots .. I just wanted to mention my Dutchman's Pipe .. no I'm not smoking it .. I almost ripped this beauty out because it wasn't doing what I thought it should .. but I remembered .. the key word ... PATIENCE ! ... and by golly .. it went all the way up to my top floor and better .. so a big thank you and a big note to myself to WAIT a while !
I think Jodi mentioned she threatened a plant then suddenly it became beautiful ? LOL


3 comments:

Becca said...

Yes, it does take them a while and then they go up the house and back down. At least, here they do. Is your pipe the large one or small? If you have a large, I would love to have some seed...if you wouldn't mind. I can trade for lots of things I have.

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Your site is great Becca .. I loved the little cars you uncovered. I suspect they are rather valuable .. at least to some people ! LOL
I left a message for you there.
Thanks for stopping by mine !
Joy

Anonymous said...

I've got a Dutchman's Pipe too. It's not "blown up" like I expected it to, like my mother's has. How long should I have to wait until it is happy enough to climb like I envision in my head?