Pages

Sunday 4 May 2008

Amber Wheels Gaillardia

This doesn't look like much of anything right now. Poor thing just got shoved in the ground yesterday. I have been hunting down Oranges and Lemons Gaillardia since last year .. no luck as of yet. BUT ... it pays to look at lots of different cultivars while vegging out in front of the lap top .. I ran across this variation called Amber Wheels and tucked it away in the back of my imaginary potting shed (for a brain?) .. and wow .. I was surprised at finding it .. I passed it up at a big box center and found it at a local nursery for a much better price in fact .. so how can any gardener pass down a deal like that ? .. I will still keep an eye out for the others of course .. but I love having a stand by plant like this in the mean time !

5 comments:

Gail said...

It's fun to run across a plant you have in the back of your mind and maybe on a list! Both of these are great looking and bring in big spots of color. I wonder how they would do in zone 6b or 7a?

gail

Melanie Chopay said...

Hmmm, this is one I haven't seen yet. I'll have to look out for it, it's another reason to go shopping :-)

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Nancy .. this almost local nursery is a good one .. I can find some unique plants and the prices are not bad either !

melanie .. any time I can help with the issue of plant shopping, please let me know girl ! LOL

Gail .. I think they should be fine for your zone .. and yes ! I love their colours especially for the Autumn.

Anonymous said...

Isn't this part of the fun? For sure!

Diane

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Diane .. I'm having so much fun I have to remember to put the brakes on and do up my seeds and pots yet .. cruising garden centers is an addiction very hard to control.
I fear it is a long season for me : )