Pages

Sunday 25 May 2008

Anemone Sylvestris or Snowdrop Anemone *SMILE*

I can't help but *smile* at these delicate little flowers when they finally open from their pearls perched on tall stalks above the mother plant. The petals look paper thin at times and I'm amazed at how hardy they truly are. To think I only discovered this plant last year and now look forward every may to see these incredible shining white blooms. It instigates that urge for a section of an all white garden again with me. I know there are other gardeners that crave that too ! I wonder what it is exactly that tweaks our thoughts in that direction .. cool calmness ? I think that is it !
Anemone Sylvestris









3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exquisite! Perhaps the most pristine of all flowers. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Mine is blooming too, and I just adore it. I'm quite excited, because I found some new baby plants this year. I suppose they have seeded - but don't know. You probably know, though.
Rose

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Hi Rose .. I think you have had your plant longer than I have and having babies seed themselves is wonderful !! .. I think I have to wait a bit before that happens with mine .. I'm looking forward to that too : )

'ben" .. they are just simply beautiful aren't they ?