Pages

Thursday 1 May 2008

Red Vein Dock and Rose Campion

I love the contrast of these two plants. One strikingly red veined and the other a soft fuzzy gray. When I first planted the dock almost 4 years ago, I thought it would only be an annual .. but it has stayed with me and I am a happy camper with it there. The Lychnis is a biennial but reseeds itself quite nicely .. like my purple fennel. Even though I have a small garden I manage to fit quite a few different plants in .. along with some large ones that you wouldn't think could fit ?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does your Lychins bloom hot pink?

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Anna .. I have that hot pink and I think I also have the white for this year. The is a clear vivid red in these are well. They do look dramatic with that fuzzy gray foliage !