Pages

Monday 2 June 2008

Colour maze or haze .....

Some times the simple, common annuals are just right .. I'm not a huge annual "know - it- all" .. I'm a perennial gal myself .. but I seem to have a problem with rushing in after the iceberg melts in Spring, and buying what ever looks good to me at the time .. so yes .. I make mistakes .. or figure out I'm not too crazy about what I jammed in a pot .. Then again, some times it just seems pretty to me .. especially when you have been stuck in bed sick, musing over the meaning of life .. it makes you grateful for the small and simple things.









5 comments:

Gail said...

I love Alyssum and I recently read that it attracts beneficial insects! Glad you're feeling better.


Gail

Jared said...

Joy, those colors are wonderful! I especially like the alyssum. Methinks I should give it a go, too. It smells great, doesn't it? And I love the look of those flowers against the driftwood. Beautiful!

Glad you're up and about!

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Jared .. alyssum smells heavenly .. but I don't know if it will last all summer .. I think I have to shear and fertilize for continuous flushes ? .. I don't think there is a plant that doesn't look good against driftwood ! : )

Thanks Gail .. it is a wonderful little annual .. good for the soul ? : )

Unknown said...

I planted a whole bunch of alyssum too. I bought a 6 pack AND poured in a packet of seeds into the same container. I was hoping to get a bunch of seedlings to pop up so I could bring MIL some, but so far no luck.

CanadianGardenJoy said...

I find it tricky too .. I was lucky with some healthy plants here .. but 3 of my pots for Moon Flower vines are total DUDS .. that really makes me crazy .. sheesh ! .. so I know how you feel girl : (