Pages

Monday 15 August 2011

Why ????????

Curly Joe the lll .... I didn't want to post any pictures of him because of CJ ll and l .. remember they left home without even a note to say WHY ??
Well just yesterday Curly Joe the lll left home just as we thought he was ready to make his butterfly home .. I am so disappointed ... I just don't understand why .. my feelings are HURT !
This is Mr. Fennel .. because he hatched on my fennel plant in a pot .. so far he is still here .. but I have a lot of insecurities about whether he will stay or now .. I may need to talk to a professional about this syndrome !
The "boys" are not impressed either .. we were all so excited to see a cocoon .....
We all question why would they leave a great garden like mine ? ...
In fact .. my garden has been so great ... that .. a miracle has happened .. I almost stepped on a frog yesterday morning and let me tell you I almost had a heart attack it has been so long without these wonderful little creatures ... so that is my solace ?
And now for something completely different ...
The Sun Show .... all in a matter of minutes ....
You can tell it is my view because of the ugly power lines in the first pictures ... then the sun glides over away from them !














As mysterious as the moon with clouds drifting over its face .....
We have had rain and that too also makes me smile for my garden and my visiting frog !

12 comments:

Linda said...

Love the sun photos with the whispy clouds in front. Great shots.

Anonymous said...

Joy, it could be that Curly Jo did not mean to leave. Maybe he was plucked of his plant by a passing bird.

I love that sky series. You get lots of good shots, but I think this is your best sun series so far.

Rebecca @ In The Garden said...

Aww, I'm sorry he left. I hope Mr Fennel sticks around. A frog, wow! Must be a good omen. :)

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I bet you would find one of those crysalis someplace in your garden. Rolled up in your mulch or hanging on one of your plants. They blend in so well.

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Hello Linda girl and thank you : )
It made up for Curly Joe the third leaving home without even a note .. I hope Mr. Fennel stays ;-(

Sandy girl that is why we kept him close to the deck door so nothing horrible like that would happen. I miss him .... Thank you so much girl!! I was well impressed with myself too ! and I kept full pixel count for some prints to frame for my office ... that will happen .. soon ? LOL

Hello there Rebecca girl : ) and thank you : ) and YES !!!!! A frog!!! I am so happy about that .. it has been something like 8 or 9 years since we had one in the garden and yes : ) it has to be a GOOD omen : )

Lisa girl I am going to keep my eyes on the prize when looking around .. I just wish it could have been closer to home to see the whole event .. maybe they are shy ? LOL

Darla said...

Perhaps you will see a couple of butterflies flying around soon and you will know that you helped. Great sky photos, again...curious about the show yet?

Carrie said...

Hey pretty lady - LOVE this post, but sorry Curly Jo did a runner.
If you look at the post before my most recent one there is a surprise for you!
E-mail me xxx

Lola said...

Beautiful shots. Love them. Poor Mr Curly, who knows why he chose to move. Sure hope Mr Fennel decides to stay.
Now, Mr Frog, he is different. He likes your garden & I believe he will stay. I have several of his cousins & they stay even in Winter. They just bury themselves. Sometimes I accidentally dig them up. They are so sleepy.

EG CameraGirl said...

I hope the caterpillar stays so you can take photos of the the rest of it's trip to butterfly-hood!

Vetsy said...

I understand how you feel, you have lovely plants that you just know that these creatures love and then they stump you by up and leaving..

"oh well, there will be more curly jo's next year for you to love..

The sun photo's are gorgeous!

GRACE PETERSON said...

Ha! I caught you! I saw that little admission to Darla. Just peeking though, right? Not a full-fledged hour-long sit-down, right? :) I knew you wouldn't be able to stay away. Besides I miss your animated opinions.

Congrats on the little frog visitor. I hope he and Mr. Fennel will take up residence. Your garden is completely hospitable and they'd be utter fools to be nomadic.

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Well I managed to delete comments answering some of you gals .. so I have to try and pick it up where I left it last .. forgive me ???? eekk!

Vetsy girl thank you so much and you are so right .. one year I will see the whole process .. I just have to be patient and hang in there .. at least I get to see these little guys!

Grace girl I was going to send you an e-mail but by now you have probably seen what I stumbled on in Y&R and probably had the same reaction too ! LOL
We have been lucky with some rain and cool nights so the garden is holding its own for now .. good thing because this switch over to a BIG GIRL computer is scary !