Pages

Tuesday 16 October 2012

A Jumbled Garden Season

I don't know whether I am coming, going, or just standing still with my garden.
I suspect the bit about just standing still and getting nothing done is the truest statement ..
It has been one very rough year .. and I thought I would have the upper hand and at least do up the chores for Autumn the right way?
We got the shed cleaned out and that was a major party accomplished !
Got the sumac out with that being an ongoing event trying to kill the tap root.
I have many many bulbs to plants and that is alright .. once I get started I will be fine .. I hope ?
Then it will be just a little raking up and the last bit of tidy up ... I ... think ?
In the mean time just some random pictures to mull over as this year is drawing to a close .. phew?

The moon cold but beautiful
The season changing and the proof is in the basket !
The angle of the sun in the afternoon ... the cone flowers being picked over for seed by the birds ..

A pretty clump of anemones in pinkest PINK !

One last sigh over my sumac not being there any more .. but then next Spring hopefully we can get Golden Spirit smoke bush in and it will look lovely !

9 comments:

Heather said...

Isn't that the truth... Autumn is just as busy as spring, sometimes more so because you don't know when the white stuff will come and you could get caught unawares! Lovely pics, and I'm sure you Sumac bare spot will look just lovely next year! Hugs.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Your garden always looks so neat and tidy Joy. Isn't it fun to see the changes. Even if we don't always like the thought of all that work.

Nadezda said...

Joy, anemones are very pink, is it true? I love you have got a plan of garden works, bulbs, etc. But soon Halloween and a time for party comes.

RURAL said...

It will look lovely, and as a gardener you know it will...it just takes time.

Everything takes time, and effort, gardening is so much work, good work, as we know, but still work.

Gotta plant my bulbs also...

Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

khaki said...

The Anemones are beautiful!!!

meggie said...

Hi Joy girl, congratz to that great moon pics!!
Wow what a pink!! My eyes nearly aren't able to realize that color!!
Too bad about the sumac!

Take care,dear.
Meggie

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Hello Heather girl !
I really have to take advantage of this good weather starting today .. I have a few errands to run but I swear this is the week(what is left of it) that I get my bulbs tucked in!LOL

Hello Lisa girl : )
Yes .. I think we need the changes now after a disaster of a gardening season this past summer .. we all need a rest? LOL

Nadezda girl I only hope I follow my plan? LOL .. Yes there is some special time left in this month to enjoy yet : )

Jen girl we almost have to repeat the mantra .. plant the bulbs!!!
I need to get things done and I will have to kick my butt into high gear!

Hello Kacky and thank you for stopping by .. yes, before they got kind of shrively ? I had to have a picture of the beautiful blooms!

Hello Meggie girl and thanks for stopping by : ) yes .. next Spring will bring a new look to that space hopefully and it will look wonderful : )

Helen said...

Wow. Go away for a little bit, and Joy has removed her sumach! Wow. I do love the 'Golden Sprit' burning bush, so you'll surely be happy with the new kid.

RobinL said...

I'm still mad at you for getting rid of your sumac....so I'm not speaking to you. LOL Can't wait to see what you come up with in it's place. I'm not sure what the deal is with that white squirrel, I only see them there on Chestnut Ridge.