Pages

Friday 7 June 2013

Freaking out Friday ? a continuing saga .......

OK .. I am freaking out a little .. this afternoon my first landscaper is coming to present his plan for some landscaping of my gardens.
The main issue is straight forward .. stepping stone pathways to front, side, and back garden .. simple right?
Then .. the next part of the plan is a focal point between the two garden benches facing each other ..
A middle point for interest .. a passive water feature maybe ? .. we don't know what this company has in mind until we see this afternoon ...
Should I take multiple tranquilizers so the cost doesn't give me a heart attack ?
Should I have waited until we won some sort of money from the lottery ?
Stay tuned to see how this all plays out ?


We do have a solar powered birdbath with a little fountain affect .. it is surprising how wonderful that little trickle of water can sound so wonderful along with the bird chirping .. just quiet sounds of nature (when we can tune out the neighborhood riff raff noise ? BIG sigh !) ..
Privacy has always been an issue for us here .. there is next to none so that is why I have created as much of a jungle as possible.
Not only for mother earth and the "green" affect, but for our own sanity? too ! ;-)

8 comments:

outlawgardener said...

Remember to keep breathing! If that doesn't work, Valium or Xanax might help:) Your garden looks beautiful as it is !

Country Gal said...

Pro landscapers can cost a fortune that's why Papa and I do it ourselves after we search for what we want and use our own ideas it takes longer and it is hard work but the reward of seeing that we did it is worth it ! I like the sound of our birdie water fountain to . Hope all works out for you good luck ! Thanks for sharing . Lovely photos ! Have a good day !

Carolyn ♥ said...

I think you should just take deep breaths and let it all play out. It's gonna be glorious!

Northern Beauty Seeker said...

Best of luck with your landscaper. We have used them lots and suffered 'sticker shock' every time! I am sure their ideas will be beautiful, though. :)

Lona said...

Oh how exciting! I cannot wait to see what will be changing in your garden. I love the sound of water too and live right along the main roadway hear and all of the traffic so it does help some to get my mind off of the sound of motors and motorcycles. LOL!
Have a lovely weekend and good luck with the landscapers. LOL!

Heather said...

Egads Joy, looking at your garden I can't imagine you needing a design landscaper... it is already amazing! But, I can imagine your excitement, and I am excited for you and right along with you! Can't wait to see the results! Cheers~

RobinL said...

Wow, you are a brave soul. I often wonder about a landscaper, but I never actually do it! I think the cost would make me pass out. But what I would like to do is get a decorator here in the house, mostly just to tweak what I already have. Ah forget it, I hate spending money on things like that!

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Hey there Outlaw : )
I guess I have to do a post explaining what I am looking for .. it is hardscaping really .. I am happy with my garden beds .. thank you for that sweet compliment ;-)

Elaine girl you are so right ..I wish we could manage it ourselves but it would ruin us physically .. let alone mentally ? haha .. Our little solar fountain gives us a lot of pleasure too : )

Carolyn girl .. yes! .. the breathing thing .. I think I almost forget that !! haha

Ms S .. the first one is always the scariest ? haha .. actually some good ideas came of it .. we are still discussing cost though,ugh!

Lona girl, thank you .. luck in winning the lottery to pay for this would be GREAT too! haha .. we are still in discussing mode ..eekk!

Heather girl .. I am happy with my gardens .. it is more hardscaping for pathways etc ..I am not sure what is going to happen but I have to keep going down the list to see what other companies have to offer.

Robin girl you are too funny .. you made me giggle a lot! thank you!
Yes .. costs can make you pass out is so right .. we are still in "gather information" stage .. more companies to contact for pricing etc ... I wonder how this will end?