Pages

Wednesday 23 June 2021

Little Packages ?

 The last two years "Fairy Morning" martagon lily has been a little beauty, blooming away at this time of year. I look at each flower as if it were a separate lily on it's own . I especially like the way it is contrasted against aralia "Sun King".  It is a perfect back drop to show off those colours.


How pretty are these little "packages" ?
I also noticed how subtle, yet intriguing "Pinot Gris" heuchera is, in it's bed of surrounding greenery. A hit of blue with a different texture from Halcyon hosta, punches up the colour palate a bit.
Speaking of blue ......
Clematis "Fujimusume" has that amazing baby blue glow about it .. you can't help but be drawn in !
The wind was whipping away while I was trying to take photos that evening . That may explain a touch of blurring you may see . All in all though that is one amazing frosty blue to see in summer .

8 comments:

Nadezda said...

I love that pure blue of your clematis, Joy. I also love Martagon lilies, you have beautiful ones. Mine are in the bud now, yours are ahead of mine. Have a nice summer!

Kris Peterson said...

I adore blue flowers and plant them wherever I think they might grow and prosper. I don't have your prowess with Clematis but I may try planting one or two next year (with fingers crossed that we'll get the rain they need). Right now, most of the blue in the garden comes from Agapanthus.

Jason said...

'Fairy Morning' is a beauty - I don't know that variety.

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Hello Nadezda ;-)Thank you so much ! .. Yes Fuji is an amazing icy blue or maybe "baby blue" ?
I have two martagons but one failed this year ..this one keeps me going though ? LOL
I'm a wee bit ahead because we had some very warm streaks .. not seasonal but then seasonal is not normal any more ? .. good luck with your lilies !

Hi Kris .. Blue is a startling colour in the garden, it really draws you in doesn't it ? hey my prowess is fallible believe me .. it just depends on all the natural elements whether I have good flowers or not. I have to try Agapanthus .. I love the look but just never got to it yet, thanks for reminding me of it !

Hi Jason .. it was supposed to be Guinea Gold that I ordered but turned out to be this one which had me searching for some time to find out what it was .. I love that Google has image search ! LOL

Martha said...

Joy, girl! Your garden is as gorgeous as always. I hope you are keeping well!

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Hi Martha girl !Thank you ;-) .. it is going to look like a jungle now though .. haven't been working in it for a week and we are going through STEAMY weather this week .. ugh!
Yes .. we are alive and as well as we can be ? LOL Hope you guys are too !

Snowbird said...

Oh, I just adore Fairy morning, how adorable she is, I've never seen her before, I'm smitten! Delightful packages indeed! That clematis is my perfect shade of blue, and the flower looks huge! xxx

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Hello there Snowbird ;-) She is adorable right ? LOL Martagons are beautiful little wonders to me .. now if only I could get my other one through to blooming I would be delighted.
Fuji is an amazing blue and the size does it justice. I call it my "dinner plate" clematis !