Pages

Sunday 18 September 2022

Mad about them or just mad ?

 I don't usually take pictures from the front garden because I am too busy weeding the stones or doing general tidy up, so I was glad to get this as a record of how the plants are doing this time of year. There are nine hydrangea in the raised bed here believe it or not (you can't see them all in this picture).. four BoBo which I think might be a little too crowded, that is on my list for next year

This is Pinky Winky ... but it looks like Strawberry Vanilla the way it's colouring advances. PW is also one of my oldest hydrangea.
Two Phantom hydrangea against the ally wall has very large flower heads and is just changing colour now.
I have two Berry White against the fence in the back garden.
Berry White developed flower heads over a foot long ! The back lighting made this one gorgeous.
Little Lamb was my first hydrangea and made me a total fan of the paniculated form.

Filtered light makes the hydrangea petals shine, I love how they look !
A cute mushroom is always something that makes me smile so it had to be photographed !
Evidence that the smaller birds in the garden are snacking on the seeds left by the coneflowers. I love to see that they are enjoying themselves like that !
I couldn't ignore how amazing the fluffy clematis seed heads get, but also with almost the legs of a spider waiting for it's dinner to pass by ?
I think most gardeners have some type of sedum that begins to blush for Autumn ?
Autumn is coming ... and I have so much work to do !


5 comments:

Jenn Jilks said...

I do enjoy your garden!
Re: our bears
I don't worry too much, as they are 'good' bears and know to fear humans. I am noisy with Cinnamon, and I am very vigilant. I've come across a couple of coyotes and a large fisher over three separate incidents. They ran away like crazy! The bear seldom appear in the day, and none on our front or backyards!

Jenn Jilks said...

They are all amazing! I love your garden!

Snowbird said...

Oh, just loving little lamb along with everything else. You can't beat a clematis seedhead, I'm certainly a fan. Also always on the lookout for a shroom....who doesn't love a shroom! Snowbird.xxx

RobinL said...

I’ve been testing to advise my Michigan sister on which hydrangea she should get, and I’m just going to forward this post so she can see some varieties in place. I also have a fondness for clematis seedheads, especially Duchess of Albany. I might even like the seedheads better than the flowers!

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Thanks very much Jenn ... you are a brave gal .. the fisher is quite the uncertain character. When we first moved here there were rumors about how aggressive they could be with humans but I always thought most wild life would run the other way.

Hello Snowbird .. shrooms fascinate me .. I want to walk in other woods to see if I can find them and take photos .. my world is tiny so the back garden has to suffice ? LOL
I love clematis seed heads too !

Hi Robin , it always helps to see plants in an ordinary garden , not a show garden because you have to know they are primped a lot for photos .. mine have to do in their natural state ? LOL
The seed heads have a ton of character ... flowers are pretty but seed heads have pizazz ? haha