Pages

Sunday 21 September 2014

Weather Station for my Garden PA

My garden PA is a wonderful, helpful garden PA if ever there was one.
So I wanted to pick up a treat for him .. because sometimes he turns into a fisherman and knowing the weather straight at hand would be helpful to him.
So I picked up a "weather station" from Costco for him ... I know, the running joke is "just look out the window and you know what the weather is doing" .... BIG sigh !
This station has a lot more detail to it though !

This is the outdoor weather/wind sensor ... pretty neat !
Our girls (aka cats) nearly go dizzy watching the wind spinner going.

 This unit sits on the kitchen table (I shamelessly had to add some of my roses of course)
It can either be plugged in or run on batteries .. and you can see how easy it is to read.

And there we go .... another way to discuss the bottomless pit of "what is the weather like out there"
Now I have to get to some extremely serious garden WORK this week !!!

7 comments:

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

Oh my Dad would have loved that so much. He would always talk about the weather with me. I would have loved to be able to get that for him. I am sure your DH will have many wonderful days of predicting the weather now too!

rochefleuriegarden said...

It looks like a usefull thing. It is nice not to have to go out to get the information.

GRACE PETERSON said...

Ooooh, I want one. I am going to look and see if our Costco has it and how much it costs. I like to know what the lowest and highest temps for each 24 hour period. I had a thermometer that sort of did that but I got water on the probe which killed the display mechanism. (Weird.) I like the idea of wind measurement too. Very cool, my dear. I hope you're doing well. I love, love, love that banner photo of your paradise. And guess what's coming right up next month. :)

Paula @ Blooms 'n' Spades said...

Joy, that is one cool gadget! Who wouldn't want to know the ins and outs of the weather forecast. I know it's the first thing we watch when we get up in the morning. Enjoy!

Jennifer said...

Believe it or not, I have never seem anything like this before. How neat! I suppose knowing the weather in such detail isn't necessary, but it sure would be interesting. I'd even be tempted to keep records. I wonder if they sell them any where else. I don't have a Costco membership. Hope the garden work is going well. I have been sick for almost 4 weeks and am really behind. The weeds are winning! EEK!

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Hi Cindee girl .. I bet your dad would have gotten a kick out of this too : )
John and I both do !

Yes Alain! .. even though we can see what is out there the details are great to know so it is very useful indeed!

Hello there Gracie girl !
It was $49 and change at our Costco so it would be cheaper at yours I am sure!
Thank you so much about the banner .. it is of the path under construction and it is going so slowly I am so impatient now .. argh !! haha
I have had a bad bug and really under the weather but not so bad now phew!

Hello Paula girl : )
Yes we are fascinated with the weather eh ? .. especially gardeners .. we need to know all we can or are we just nosy weather people ? LOL

Hello Jennifer girl ... yes the interest increases exponentially with our age .. I wonder why ? LOL
Oh girl ... I have been so sick too, I feel for you .. I am still not quite right but then again I never am? haha

Anonymous said...

Maybe you will know better what is going on than the local weatherman??!! I say that because ours is often wrong here... That looks like a very comprehensive model. Have fun with it!