Pages

Wednesday 21 May 2008

Colours, Textures .. Shapes

I am in love with having so many different colours, textures and shapes when it comes to plants .. thus the ZOO. The front garden is just beginning to come to life. Filling in stretching its wings against each of its neighbors. The array of differences draws my gratitude and thanks for not confining myself to a set plan. Not to say I haven't made some pretty ginormous (I love that silly word) mistakes. I get a little nervous as June approaches. This beautiful spot was ripped to shreds with that freak hail storm we had on the 20th of June last year. It was like starting all over again just when it should have been beautiful. Fingers crossed .. no hail this year please ?














4 comments:

chey said...

I love how you combine your colors, shapes and textures! It makes each individual plant pop right out.

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Hi Chey .. I think they do a great job showing each of themselves off like that .. haha.
If I ever do have the space to have an all white garden .. I have to say it would be tempting .. for now I'll keep my zoo ?

Anonymous said...

Oh, gee, Joy. What beautiful combinations!!! I want them ALL...

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Thanks 'ben" ... come on over and I will share ? LOL
They will fill in and look even more beautiful ... and then the battle of slugs and other naughty bad boys will start .. I have my water wand ready for action ! haha