Pages

Monday 20 October 2008

The Sage ......... Moon

I am still in awe of that frost fog we had a few mornings ago. The sages were gorgeous to see almost individual ice crystals painted on their leaves. Just click on the picture to see : )
Walker's Low Nepeta is a beautiful plant on its own I find .. but ice some of the leaves and all the details of the ridges and lines jump out .. the serrated edges are marvelous !
This poor Echinacea really took a hit .. and I was so hoping for one last flower from it.
...... and then ..... there was the moon ! I am always surprised I can get an almost decent shot of the moon because I don't have a strong lens. But seeing it hung in a pure blue sky that morning was so beautiful I had to try .......



This is one morning in October I won't soon forget ...

7 comments:

Brenda Pruitt said...

It is a beautiful moon. Sage and other plants with that silvery shade also look so pretty in the moonlight.
Brenda

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Hi Brenda .. I am a huge fan of sages .. and one year I am going to have an all white, albeit tiny in size, section in the garden dedicated to the moon ! : )

joey said...

I can't live without sage in my herb garden and I love the silvery moon ~ you have captured 2 of my great loves (while I slept).

Benjamin Vogt said...

Shoot, I can't get moon shots like that (the real ones OR metaphorical ones). Very nice.

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Hello there benjamin !
I have a simple 7.1 Olympus but it does have an 18 x optical zoom .. I didn't want to have to change lenses (if in a hurry .. which lets face it .. I always am ? haha)
I'm surprised too when these shots turn out because it struggles to focus .. and I'm sure as the camera complains it is saying naughty words to me ! LOL

Joey .. I am so like you too ! I can't imagine a garden of mine without sage, rosemary, lavender, thyme .. well you know the list is endless but we have our MUSTS ! don't we ? : )

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous - Beyond words! /Deb

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Deb ... I only have a Olympus with an 18 x optical zoom fixed lens .. it was an unearthly morning that morning .. LOL