Pages

Monday 21 June 2010

Lighting my Sumac

As you might have guessed from looking at that "blank blank" bare naked in your face flagpole of our neighbors .. I have not had the opportunity to gingerly raise the question as to possibly taking it down so my pictures would be a little more .. hum .. unflagpoled ?
Look at that amazing light reflected on the clouds .. it is worth getting up at 5 to see some of the skies I have seen .. it is unexplainable how it can make you feel at times .. thus I have to work on my other blog that is totally sky shots !
So .. what is this post about .. if you are looking for exciting plant shots of an utterly beautiful garden ... well .. yes .. that is my garden !!! .. just kidding ...
This post is a sequential shoot of how the sunrise illuminates my beloved Sumac tree and what beauty it brings to my garden ...
It starts at the very tip ..............
Then about a third of the tree begins to glow ...
Can you see how it looks with this partial beaming .. like it is beginning to smile ?
Slowly ... leaf by leaf almost
... and those magnificent horns .. this year they are very early in forming and growing huge !
The light begins to shine from the bark .. the twisted shadow is becoming reflected against the fence ..
Full blown gleaming ....
This could never be the same if the backdrop wasn't here for Winthrop and his pal my Sumac !
Pudder is a little confused by all of the stomping on the deck .. but he is an easy going gnome .. as long as he has his golf clubs and can put .. he is a happy gnome ..

... thus the morning of action packed sunrise lighting my Sumac for the day !

8 comments:

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

Lovely. Is it one of those bright red beauties in autumn?

Vetsy said...

Those are beautiful early morning shots of the sun and the sumac tree.

I find that you can catch the most amazing and exciting scenes in the wee hours in the Morning..

I would catch the sites and sounds of Migrating bird species coming through that I would not have seen later in the Day!

It's a Magical and private time of Morning that no other hour of the Day can match"

You're right about Pudder he does have the appearance of a happy little gnome.. I like his friendly little face and his little outfit".

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

(-: Love all the pictures(-:

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Hellloooo Kate Girl !
YES ! That is the whole reason this beauty is in my garden and the exclusiveness of pollarding it .. I have never seen it done to another one. It has a fantastic range of yellows, oranges and scarlet red : ( my Halloween tree ? LOL)

Vetsy girl that is SO true .. I love that very private quiet time to myself .. it makes for going to bed early because that is such an early start to my day .. but it is truly such a beautiful time of the morning .. the girls love it too since I open the deck door as well .. Pudder is a sweet guy .. I think my gargoyles and poor Dave with his cracked mushroom are a wee bit jealous ? LOL

Cindee girl : ) thank you ! I have to get over to your place and see what is going on ? ;-)

Linda said...

The sumac horns are developing really early this year aren't they? I'm wondering when they will turn the wonderful red colour ... probaby before the fall.

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Linda girl that is so true .. it is unnerving in fact with the sumac and helenium too ! I took some pictures this morning to post with on the helenium .. this garden season has been all out STRANGE !!! LOL

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful way to start the morning, your gorgeous sky photos. :)

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Racquel it is almost the very best time of the day : )thanks girl !