Pages

Wednesday 22 April 2020

Happy Earth Day !

Happy Earth Day to EVERYONE !
The earth keeps spinning around the sun ... the moon does it's best to stay on track while looking beautiful and keeping the stewardship of our tides in tact.
Things are grim, but nature is insistent on pushing through and helping us out as much as it can, while taking constant hits from the human race at the same time.
We truly are like petulant children with a mother that is trying her best to keep us safe from ourselves?

OK .. enough of my home grown philosophy ?
I have some pictures of this morning's sunrise that may be a bit cheerful to see I hope ?
The camera can't always catch all the spectacular shades of gold and pink streaking in the sky.
I caught a bokeh reflection of a "red" sun above in the clouds that caught my fancy.
I couldn't quite capture the robin in focus but seeing those plump buds on our huge maple in the back garden was heartening.
It is cloudy, cold, and windy today .. Spring just doesn't want to lay down her hand of cards for us here yet .. it is sad because almost every Earth Day I would plant something major in the garden.
A tree .. shrubs .. special vine or perennials .. none of that is happening today.
I had just gotten over a stomach flu from Easter weekend .. and now I am on antibiotics for an infection.
I am rarely on those things and I am a true believer in pro-biotics .. so this is kind of hard to "swallow" .. but ? When you are sick .. you are sick, and you need a little help at times.

I hope everyone else out there is well and safe !
We are staying at home except when a necessity trip pops up.
We have masks and gloves when the need calls for it.
But really ? who would have thought so many countries would be so ill prepared when it was forcasted a pandemic as over due .
We have the science, the technology, and shared information, yet here we are.
I  have to end on a positive note after all of that .. the birds sing remarkable songs no matter what is going on .. Now that could cheer almost anyone up right ?

7 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Love your photos Joy. I learned a new word today thanks to you. I had never heard of the word bokeh. Maybe that is why I don't take such great photos. ha...
So sorry to hear you have been unwell. Darn the luck. A good shot of warm weather will make us all feel better.
Yesterday I planted a Paw Paw tree, Yellow Giant Hyssop and some Green Dragons. It felt good to get out and do a bit of planting.
My blog still isn't fixed. I wonder what in the world is going on???? Maybe they are trying to force us to pay for space. I really haven't heard any reason for this disruption. I guess I can't complain since it is free. I have been writing in my journal more. Maybe that is better.
Happy Earth Day.

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Hello Lisa girl ;-)
Thanks very much ... yes bokeh can be a very pretty addition to some photos, a friend had to explain it to me a few years ago too, haha.
I think I am almost over all the "badness" ? my body has had to put up with by now .. anti-biotics can be a wonderful weapon when not used too often. I'll be loading up on my pro-biotics soon again.
Today is supposed to be a shot of our warmer weather and I hope to get out and do some GOOD in the garden !
I bet that felt wonderful planting all of those goodies, it gives you such satisfaction right?I'm sorry about the blog issues .. but it was good for you to check your settings, sometimes they go sideways. I hope it is resolved soon girl ! Good Luck !

Jason said...

Love your sunsets! So sorry to hear you have been ill, I wish you a quick recovery.

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Thanks very much Jason ;-)

Snowbird said...

Oh, agree re the birdsong. I do hope you get better soon, funny about the tummy bug, everyone here seems to have one too. I'm with you on your home grown philosophy, couldn't agree more. Those pics are just wonderful, so fiery especially that red sun! Ah...maple shoots, not long now gal! Here's to your spring a springing.xxx

RobinL said...

I definitely spent Earth Day in an appropriate way, and used my time for gardening. But then again, we’re in lockdown, so many days are used for gardening! I enjoyed seeing your sunrise, because I’m never up in time for that, plus there are too many wires in my morning view. Sunsets are more my speed.

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Hello there Snowbird and thank you !
Yes .. things are beginning to look alive and growing in the garden now (30th of April)
It is a rain day today .. so that will help immensely .. the birds have lots to say this morning too .. maybe they are happy finding worms and bugs ? LOL
Garden PA didn't get the bug thankfully .. but woe is the golfer not being able to golf !
My huge gorgeous maple houses a lot of wildlife .. so the brighter she becomes the more it seems like LIFE has taken hold here in the gardens ;-)

Hello Robin girl !
I wish I had a clear view for sunsets (you photograph the most amazing ones girl !) .. there are wires here too, I just manage to avoid them as much as possible .. I miss the view I used to have when we first moved in .. but 20 years later and a lot of shrubs and brush get in the way .. but I am grateful to have what I have, right ? LOL
One day ... things will be better .. but it is far from over yet .. hang in there !