Pages

Sunday 19 October 2008

Frost Fog

This morning was amazing ... I missed the light show of the sun rising in the frost fog .. but I was fast enough to catch some pictures of the blanket of fog that was fast disappearing in the garden. To have frost and fog together is awesome .. so these aren't badly lit or filtered pictures .. this is the real deal of walking into frost fog !




Can you see the frost crystals on the deck handrail ?
I wonder what my little guy is thinking here while sitting on a VERY cold situation ?

6 comments:

RURAL said...

Wow, that is incredible. I love it, somehow I am going to have to find some frost fog here. Maybe very early in the morning.

Jen

Aunt Debbi/kurts mom said...

Very cool Joy. I don't think I have seen anything like it here.

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Hi Debbie .. it doesn't happen here very often .. you have to have the perfect conditions (perfect tiny storm ?) LOL

Hi Jen .. I'm still in awe of your gorgeous pictures girl ! .. this is a some what "lake" affect too I think .. we have weird weather conditions with that ... strange eh ?

Anonymous said...

We had a gorgeous frost fog once last winter, and I didn't notice it till I was away from home without my camera! I've never seen anything that beautiful, but it didn't last long. There were huge crystals clinging to every blade of grass, every stick, everything! It was incredible.

Anonymous said...

Amazing circumstance and pics, Joy! I clicked on the railing photo, with the neat crystals... great shot./Deb

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Deb .. it really was a special morning .. but I'm still kicking myself for missing the actual sunrise .. hubby said it was awesome .. darn !!
The ice crystals I had to GET for sure : )

msrobin .. hi there ! .. this type of event is so quick to disappear .. it is a fluke most times when I can get any evidence of it on camera .. yours must have been fantastic too !