Pages

Wednesday 17 June 2020

My Obsession .....

It is the time of year that I am totally in awe of Green Lotus peony.
I was so lucky to obtain it from the now defunct plant company, Gardenimport, that operated out of Ottawa .
I had some amazing treasures from them and I miss them every season especially now.
In fact my pictures of Green Lotus was picked up by the garden section of the British paper the Telegraph.
The email I received from them ?
I thought it was a joke at first .. then I was bowled over.
So every year since then, I always remember where I got the peony from and my tiny bit of fame.
For now I will just roll the pictures out for this year and enjoy them all over again.
I have to add .. the ants were insistent about being included ?





There is such a wildness about them which makes me smile, wild and ready to take on my garden just for those few days that they absolutely shine.
I have to add that the light has to be just right to capture their details.
They are too bright in full sun, so soft morning light with a bit of shadow does them more justice.

13 comments:

Jenn Jilks said...

I have two of these! I transplanted both, as they were too close to the dark wall and overheated, I think. They've only bloomed every couple of years till now.
Lovely!

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Hi Jen .. you are the first gardener , I think ? that has this one as well !
These seem to be consistent bloomers for me and I am very glad since I am obsessed with them ? Peony can be tough customers when they want .. my original one Flame, stopped blooming and I have no idea why .. maybe it is jealous of my feelings for Green Lotus ? LOL

Lisa at Greenbow said...

They are gorgeous. Your photos do them justice. I can see why you obsess over them.

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Thanks Lisa .. I do tend to go overboard a bit with them .. way too many pictures ! LOL

rusty duck said...

Hello Joy,
You are right, Green Lotus is a real winner!

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Hello there RD ;-)
Yup .. we gardeners tend to have some favorite children , don't we ? LOL

Jason said...

Truly a marvelous peony! Sorry you have had troubles commenting on my blog. I have been having troubles as well with WP.

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Hi Jason .. Thank you ! .. it is always something right ? LOL .. I expect Blogger is going to have issues when it forces us to use a different format soon.

Shilpa said...

What a beautiful picture . These type of posts are much needed during this lockdown

Nadezda said...

Oh, Joy what a peony! I have never seen this variety, beautiful color. You're lucky to grow it in your garden.
Stay well! Hugs!

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Hello Shilpa and thank you very much .. yes, something pretty to look at helps a great deal during these sad times .. lets hope things will get better sooner than later !

Thanks very much Nadezda .. it was a rare find for me years ago and I really love it.
I hope you are safe and well way over there .. I think most countries are doing the right thing by their nations .. except for you now who ? LOL

Snowbird said...

Oh goodness, how stunningly beautiful! I'd be obsessed too.xxx

CanadianGardenJoy said...

hey there SB ... Yes ... I wait all garden season (June) haha ... to see this one appear and then go mad taking photos of it ... what drives us on right ? LOL