Pages

Sunday 23 May 2021

The desert plant and the devious blog !

 I'm calling this yarrow my desert plant because it loves punishing heat and dry conditions

Have you had a plant you like but have gone through a few of them because their situation was not quite right, you throw the towel in at some point and decide that this plant hates you, and your garden. By some strange instinct I decided to try this yarrow again , achillea "Desert Eve Terracotta" The colours are perfect to pair with Ninebark "Amber Jubilee" a swath of complimentary tones that I love. Black Eyed Susan will be popping up as well come late summer.



I finally have been STUNG by Blogger .. I read how other bloggers have had problems with this platform and thought how lucky I was not to . Yesterday I found out what that frustration feels like. I lost my header picture capability. This is the photo I used to crop and make , what I thought a great header picture .. Blogger would have nothing to do to it other than miniaturize it to the left side.
AAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH !!!!!! 


Cherry Garden dwarf bearded iris is almost the same colour as my Japanese maple standing with it. I can't help but think those blue fluffs look like little caterpillars, so perfect they look artificial ?
I forget what specific type these iris are .. if anyone knows could you let me know please ?
I'm sure I have a plant tag some where. This blue reminds me of a tome of Wedgewood . It really stands out when you wonder through the garden. The iris foliage stays fresh looking most of the garden season. It functions like hellebore foliage I would say. I have another year to wait for Swans in Flight , which is planted on. either side of the huechera. I hope it is worth the wait.


8 comments:

Hoover Boo said...

Are those Siberian Iris? Whatever they are, they sure are pretty. I love that deep blue-purple color.

I too have some frustrations with photos in the new blogger software--a couple of times I've had to deleted a post and start over from scratch. A bit frustrating especially at 3 in the morning. Oh, well!

Achillea are enthusiastic reseeders here, so I've never tried one--that is a lovely color you selected.

Jenn Jilks said...

I love to swear at Blogger, but it is free...
Mind you, they make a lot of money off of us...

Alistair said...

Frustrating losing your heading Joy. Have you tried cropping it outwith blogger and then reapplying it in its new smaller size as if it were a new photo.
One plant I persevered with and never had success with when we were in Aberdeen was (Magnolia stellata), Where we are now, just ninety miles South of Aberdeen it puts on a grand show.

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Hey there HB ;-) .. it looks similar to Siberian iris but I have to hunt down the plant tag for it to be absolutely sure .. I do love that intense blue that seems to change in intensity with different lighting. I love the show they put on (not so sure about Cherry garden though ?) What are you doing posting at 3 AM !!!! LOL It has been a love hate relationship with achillea and I .. but this one looks promising.

Jenn you naughty woman swearing at Blogger ... good thing no one else can hear the things I say ? LOL .. blogging seems to be fading out because of other "instant gratification" platforms .. I like blogging ... I hope it survives the exodus !

Hello Alistair .. I have tried just about everything I could think of including that .. I don't understand what is going on, at least I can still do post pictures, so far ?
That is amazing you have mentioned that little tree .. I wanted that one to replace my dead lilac .. but I rushed buying another standard hydrangea (Pee Gee) because I knew I could count on it performing in that spot in the border ... I have yet to get it in there though.
Now I miss having the opportunity of that magnolia .. darn !

Jason said...

I have had similar issues with wordpress - so frustrating. Lovely Irises,though.

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Hi Jason .. yup, something is afoot with the tech side of things here .. very frustrating.
Thank you about the iris .. I am not a fan of the full size bearded ones but the dwarf are kind of cute !

Snowbird said...

I just love the tones and hues of the yarrow, gorgeous. Everything is looking so fresh and lush. Wonderful iris! So sorry to hear you are having problems with blogger, that is maddening. I hope you resolve the issue soon.xxx

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Hello there Snowbird (you have been busy on here ! LOL) That particular yarrow really caught my attention, something about those earth tones is so attractive right ? I still can't figure out how the header picture was trashed .. maybe some day ? LOL