Pages

Sunday 5 June 2022

Colour Explosion Then Quiet

Mandarin Lights azalea is not for the faint of heart when it comes to the colour orange . I am a Halloween nut so orange is not a scary notion to me ? plus how beautiful is that detail in each flower. Thses photos are a couple of weeks old . Those flowers are weeping now, ready to drop off the shrub and wait until next Spring to show off again . 
 

I have so many Purple Sensation allium it is a bit embarrassing so I will only drop one shot in here  . I just can't seem to stop planting them ? I now have four roots of Millennium allium planted in a difficult corner where bugs like to chomp on plants, hopefully the onion smell will deter them ? 
A view from the deck which Pink Diamond standard hydrangea will start to block a bit when it is stretching out. Fingers also crossed that we will have the butterfly explosion on them in late summer like we had two years ago .. it was spectacular !
These red tulips were supposed to be "Ballerina" .. I let Vesey's know what happened .. I didn't expect anything in return but I got nine Ballerina free of charge ready in my Fall order for Spring bulbs and that was a nice gesture. The red wasn't so bad .. but I really wanted Ballerina lily lip tulip. 
It is hard to imagine how stunning the Peacock Bronze rodgersia will be as it matures. I love a punch of purple dotted through out the gardens so little touches like this does the job for me. The little purple barberry shrub does it's best as well ?
You can see what I mean about punches of purple to break up all that green foliage.
I split my Blue Mouse Ears last Fall and now I have a neat and tidy row of them here.
The kiwi vine has spectacular white splashes all over but this was the only picture I have for now. The leaves look like they were literally dipped in white paint.
Finally .. I feel like this Arisaema triphyllum is watching me when I work in the shaded area,  it is kind of a spooky plant (perfect for Halloween right ?) the foliage is rather amazing too. It is actually paired with a Ghost fern .. now how funny is that ?
The garden has changed so quickly over the past week I can't keep up with current pictures .. I can't keep up with a lot as it is but this is rather frustrating .. I will soldier on though, I wait all winter for this!


6 comments:

Alana said...

That explosion is so worth waiting for, though. Your pictures are beautiful.

Kris Peterson said...

Your garden, from flowers to foliage, is spectacular, CGJ! I love the Azalea. I'm guessing it's one of the deciduous varieties as I've never seen one like that here. Our local garden centers only offer the evergreen varieties, not that I can grow either in my current garden. I'd love to have even just a handful of Alliums. I planted a few dozen years ago but I only got 2 blooms of 'Violet Beauty' this year and, thus far at least, not a single drumstick allium.

Jenn Jilks said...

I would be very happy with this garden. Well done.

Snowbird said...

What a stunning azalea, such a rich colour. Oh, a girl can never have too many alliums, yours are a joy to view. Lovely that you received replacement bulbs. Haha, what a fab spooky combination.xxx

Randy said...

I'm glad to see you are still blogging! Everything looks wonderful. :0)

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Hello Alana and thank you so much ! .. I am about 2 weeks behind in photos because were are in a long rain cycle .. it is becoming a jungle out there now!

Hello there Kris ! thank you very much ;-) Yes it is the deciduous variety comes from cultivars of the "Northern Lights" series .. I have alliums all along the sun side of the back garden .. I really am over the top with them because they are so colourful ..I ordered a few more just to make sure I cover every possible spot ? LOL
Yes it is funny your envy my alliums and I envy your stunning plants .. gardeners' always wish for more ? LOL

Hey there girl ! thank you, that orange is one vibrant colour right ? LOL Yup I was happy to have replacements for the mix up, we shall see if it works out next Spring .. time is flying by I find .. I made my Spring order for next year and it won't be long before I will be planting it ? LOL

Hello Randy, my goodness ... I followed your link to find you haven't posted since 2017 .. I must be on the wrong blog ? .. but I got a kick out of reading the old one again and especially about Weenus ? LOL